Saturday, April 19, 2008
Hotel Rwanda
While watching Hotel Rwanda, I’ve notice the severe ness of people suffering due to the different ethnic backgrounds. Tutsis were dominating the Hutus over the history. Until the president was killed in a plane crash which the Tutsis are known to have planned, the violence didn’t go as far as killing thousands of people. The death of the Hutu’s president began the start of the genocide. The only reason why the Tutsis were in control was because they were backed up by Belgium. Other than that, the Tutsis were clearly minority in number, and the Hutus were majority. As the Hutus began to kill even the Belgium soldiers, the Belgium began to withdraw from Rwanda with other alliances that were helping the Tutsis. The only choice left over for the rest of the Tutsis was to be cruelly killed by the Hutus. The fact that same race were killing each other seemed meaningless. Knowing that majority of Africa was like this, it seemed as if these people were wasting their time. Actually, anything that had to do with killing each other due to disagreement seemed pointless. Then, to think of it, even I get angry at people and fight with people. That’s why the Hutus have to be understood in their perspective; sometimes people lose it and explode in their emotions. Afterall, the Tutsis have started the fight when they’ve killed the president of Hutu. Meanwhile, when one of the reporter said “people watch this, then go back to eating their dinners again”, it was really shocking. It wasn’t shocking because of how clueless and careless the people were, but because that was exactly what I did. I would watch news that had` to do with people suffering around the world, then go back to what I was doing and not do anything about it. I would think about it, but I wouldn’t move my thoughts into actions. Knowing that, i was always frustrated. Watching this movie dramatically changed my standpoint in crisis happening around the world. It pushed me to think deeply of how I can do more. It made me realize how I can join global clubs and get invloved in the world's crisis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment